Say bon voyage to travel worries…
- Lowest Premiums
- Best Product
- Renewals from any Company
- Quick Claim Settlement
- Cashless Claims
- 24 Hr Service Helpline
- Timely Renewals
Today the world is a global village and travel has become an important part of ones daily routine be it with family, studies or for the business purposes. Increased travel means that you need to budget for the risks involved in them too. It becomes essential to take guard against the uncertainties associated with traveling .This is where we come in providing you the most suitable travel policy for you. Travel insurance offers a plethora of covers, right from medical expenses while on a trip to loss of baggage to even hijack cover to see that you actually have “Bon voyage!” “Have a nice trip!”
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance provides insurance cover for the risks a person may confront on a trip either abroad. Typically, travel insurance plans provide for medical expenses, loss/delay of checked baggage, loss of passport, personal accident, and financial emergencies.
The Policy Covers:
The policy is convenient and easy to understand, with easy documentation and hassle free claims service
The policy reimburses
- Emergency Medical Expenses for any sudden disease, illness, accident, disability, injury or death, with cashless facility and Dental care expenses and evacuation expenses.
- Daily Allowance in case of Hospitalization for more than 2 days.
- Compassionate visit of family member in case one is hospitalized for more than seven consecutive days
- Loss of Passport, Delay or loss of checked baggage, Trip Delay of more than 12 hours
- Personal Liability to a third party, resulting from death, injury or damage to health or property that is caused involuntarily by you or your family member abroad.
- Cash for Financial Emergency Assistance in case of theft
- Hijack Distress Allowance is paid incase the carrier in which you or any of your family members are traveling in for more than 12 hours
1. Ideal Insurance, we would like things to be as transparent as possible. To ensure that you do not face any misunderstanding when you make a claim, we would like you to know some of the major exclusions under the Policy.
Medical expenses towards treatment of any pre-existing illness (unless of life threatening nature), pregnancy or complications related to the same (unless of life threatening nature), suicide, self inflicted injury or illness, mental disorder, anxiety, stress or depression, venereal disease, alcohol/drug abuse, dangerous sports, HIV/AIDS etc will not be payable.
2. No claim will be paid if you or any of your family members.
- Is traveling against the advice of a Physician
- Is receiving or on a waiting list for specified medical treatment declared in the Physician’s report or certificate
- Is traveling for the purpose of obtaining treatment
- Has received a terminal prognosis for a medical condition
- Theft or loss of passport when left unattended or not informed to Police authorities.
- In case of loss of checked baggage, no partial loss or damage shall become payable.
- War or Nuclear perils.
1.Within how many days should the claim for insurance benefit be submitted?
Typically, claims should be submitted within 30 days of the completion of treatment. In the event of death, they can be submitted after the repatriation of the person’s remains or burial.
2. How is the reimbursement claim settled?
The claim settlement is made after the Third Party Administrator (TPA) authenticates and validates of the claims. The insurance company then makes a cheque payment, which is sent directly to your address in India.
3. How do I avail of the cashless hospitalization facility?
You simply have to get in touch with the insurer or the Third Party Administrator (TPA) and register yourself. The TPA then provides you with the cashless facility at the nearest hospital, or lets you know the hospital where you can avail of the treatment. In case of an out-patient treatment, claims will only be reimbursed
4.How to claim in case of Burglary
To claim insurance in case of a burglary,You must lodge a complaint with the local police Then, file the claim form with the following documents within 30 days of return to India or expiry of the travel insurance policy, whichever is earlier: Copy of passport and visa with entry and exit stamp and Police report
5. Procedure to claim in case of personal liability
You first submit an application letter detailing the incident of personal liability, its circumstances, the location and your liability, to the Third Party Administrator (TPA) or insurance company. You do this within 30 days of return to India or the expiry of the travel insurance policy, whichever is earlier.The signed claim form must be submitted along with: Copy of passport and visa with exit/entry stamp, Witness statements Proof of judicial decisions given by a court of law, such as a summons, legal notices etc Always remember – you should not make any commitment towards any benefit or compensation or agreement with the opposite party; the insurance company is not liable towards these and will subsequently reject YOUR claim.
6. Procedure to claim in case of Baggage Delay/Loss/Flight Delay/Cancellation or Missed Flight/Hijack Distress
To claim insurance for Baggage Delay/Loss/Flight Delay/Cancellation or Missed Flight/Hijack Distress:
1. You must first inform the airline authorities and lodge a complaint.
2. Then, you obtain a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) from the airline authorities clearly stating the period of delay or loss or the time period you were hijacked. Now, submit your claim form along with the documents mentioned below, immediately on your return to India or within 30 days of expiry of the travel insurance policy (whichever is earlier):
- Copy of passport, visa with entry and exit stamp
- Copies of boarding pass, ticket, baggage tags
- Copies of correspondence with the airline authorities
- Property Irregularity Report (PIR) from the airline authorities
- Original bills/receipts/invoices for the necessary emergency expenses
For Free Quotations or Claims Assistance,Click Here